Nathan Xiao Liang

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Oh Boy!!!

Well, Today was Meet the Teacher night. Cameron's teacher is a very quiet teacher.. So I am not sure if she'll be okay...lol Their are 19 children in his class. He sits up in the very front of the room Next to a lovely girl named Lauren and Nathan (not ours as we dont have him yet) sits next to her. The teacher had the instructions written on the board... And then we had to go on a treasure hunt and find where everything went to. Everything was marked. We explained that we were most likely to be going to China in the early part of Jan/Feb and that he'd be in the care of his grandparents. Of course we will send a letter later. She did not really ask ok she DID NOT ask any questions about Cameron. Cameron will have to get off of the bus and walk to the clear other side of the school. His classroom is off from the other kinder-kids... His classroom is near the 6-8th graders.. Not sure that I like that too much... I am sure they wont be in the hall together much.
Tomorrow we get to take Cameron to the hospital and have 3 ickies removed and then Bam! It'll be Thursday and he will be back at school. Am I gonna cry and weep like a blibbering mommy.. Probably.. WHY? Dont know... Yes I do it means my 5 year old is in school..and what will I do with him IN school.. Okay clean... go out to eat with friends (you know who you are!) I know from years past I always have a harder time taking him to school and watching him go with his class... So this way at least he will get on the bus and I wont have to worry to much... Yes I will... I will worry that he may get on the wrong bus... But he has an "apple" on his backpack to match his bus.. No his bus is not an apple...
So tomorrow hospital and then Thursday school... Right now Cam & Lyss are playing cat & dog.. lol... Maybe they will be nicer now... ya think? less fighting...okay a mom can dream..

You may also have notice we have Nathan's name as it will be (99.99999999999999%) sure.. Nathan Xiao (shheeoowwww) Liang (Lee-ong) We want to keep his heritage and his chinese name since he goes by Liang.. I imagine we will occassionaly call him Liang as a pet name.. Like Cam, SaSa..

Right now I am anxious for the 2 people in my "orphanage group" Xinhui to come back to the states. Today was there adoption days. I am so happy for them! They are right where we want to be.. In China 'Guangdong" Holding their babies...AT the WHITE SWAN...Of course I am secretly praying that one of them was able to take pics of the children in the orphanage for those of us waiting paiently... I think our orphanage is a "slower" one.. It doesnt seem many adopt from there.. Perhaps I am wrong... I know some families have to go to inner/outter mongolia. and some very poor villages where they families bring home about $200 a year! Poverty I think is part of the reason that many children are abandoned. I have read that sometimes its extended family that abandon the children due to the one child law. Its very sad.. I have read heart wrenching stories on-line. I often wonder & expect for Nathan to ask one day about WHY he was abandoned...and we will never know the real reason as to WHY.. I am reading many adoption books right now and learning so much... We bought a book called "seeds of love" its about mom & dad flying to another country to get a sister. I think the book is very good for ages 2-5 years or lil older..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home