Nathan Xiao Liang

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Whatta Day!! But some decisions were made

We are going with the Glenview office... I really like that they have an official adoption class... Which is a definate trip to my parents house =o) That is always nice! PLus we can do some real shopping too! So we decided on an agency thats half the battle right? We also went to Walgreens today and got the passport application. So I did that also...we hope to turn it in soon.

Another one of my friends offered her garage for us to use (Thank you Kathy!) and was also so generous to offer to donate some items to us as well. I am really so blessed to have the friends that I have!

We are going to have a Culver Family Night too. I need to set up fliers and set the date. All funds that we raise will go to the China expenses. Such as our Flight, Hotel, orphange fee (this the funds will go to first as its 3K), visas, medical, Chinea's legal fees, Nathans passport fees. We are also signing up for KKadoption.com (I belive thats the website) for those that want to donate funds and get a tax deductible letter. This is NOT set up yet as I have to fax some paperwork to them but I do plan on letting family/friends know when it is set up through letters (anyone is free to use this when it is set up..., as these funds are to help bring Nathan home to america!
My MIL asked DH today if we were really adopting and Mitch said Yes we are! SO he thinks we may get a nice present for the holidays. We have decided to help keep funds lower to do family portraits of the whole family on both sides-- This is less expensive than buying actual presents for everyone.. SO that we can put more away for Nathan. Next year I will update the pics in the summer for them as we will have Nathan then. My IL's will then have 5 grandbabies and mine will have 3. I just LOVE family pics and cherish them so much.

We are actually going to check out a (I swore I would never drive one min-van)... I saw this one its a pontiac and totally caught my eye.... The front is more like a SUV it has the rear DVD player and is BRAND NEW.. I have never had a new vehicle... But I have not had many cars either... I had a sunbird that ended up having 145K miles on it (it was my teenage years car until I married) and then we had used SUV's.

Oh.. I also called my momma today and asked her THE QUESTION... If she would watch the kids for ummm about.... 3 weeks when we go to get Nathan. And of course she would! Even if they have to come and live in the boonies so Cameron can go to school. My baby sister is worried that we will not be here in March for her wedding but I think she is just stressing.. with the apartment, immigration, work, wedding and she is a HIGH stressed person to begin with. She told my mom she wont know what to do if her matron of honor was not there... So Krystin I will be there as will 2 or hopefully 3 of my kids and 1 hubby! We would not miss your wedding for anything at all.. Your my baby sister and no matter how many times you marry the same wonderful man.. I will be there... Anyone have ideas on how to write a bridal speech? Or anyone know German so I don't butcher it up...? I need to learn German and Mandarin or Cambodian...

I am obviously thinking to much now...lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home